The UCCM Anishnaabe Police realizes the importance of community networks and is actively involved in the following networks on Mnidoo Mnising.
1) Mnidoo Mnising Youth Providers Network
2) Manitoulin Addictions and Mental Health Network
3) Mental Health and Justice Sub-committee
4) Suicide Prevention Working Group
5) Mnidoo Mnising Domestic Violence Prevention Coalition
6) Manitoulin Drug Strategy/Harm Reduction Group
7) Anti-Human Trafficking Working Group
Networks are established to create a space where collaborative planning and implementation of new projects for specific target audiences or user groups can occur. It allows Officers and Civilian Staff to share community safety expertise in a variety of areas.
In addition to local networks, we proudly represent Anishnaabek Community Policing regionally and provincially as well.