M’Chigeeng First Nation: On April 07, 2017 members of the U.C.C.M. Anishnaabe Police Service, Ontario Provincial Police Manitoulin Detachment and O.P.P. Canine Unit executed a warrant under the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act on a residence on the M’Chigeeng First Nation.
As a result a CDSA search warrant was executed and the following was located in the residence:
- 3 males located and arrested inside the residence including Jay DEBASSIGE;
The following were items located and seized within the residence:
- 14.6 grams of suspected cocaine – $1500 dollar street value;
- 5 grams of suspected cannabis resin (hash oil) – $150 dollars street value;
- 2.2 grams of suspected crack/cocaine (hard) – $440 dollars;
- 2.1 grams of suspected cannabis resin (Shatter) – $60 dollars street value; (Total street value of drugs seized is $2100 dollars) and,
- Along with $540 dollars Canadian currency, a digital scale, packaging material and other drug related paraphernalia were also seized at the residence.J. DEBASSIGE was released on promise to appear with an attached undertaking for court May 9th in Gore Bay.
Charged: Jay DEBASSIGE for with Possession for the purpose of trafficking cocaine 5(2) CDSA; Possession for the purpose of trafficking cannabis resin 5(2) CDSA and Possession of property obtained by crime 354(1)(a) C.C total of 3 charges.
DEBASSIGE was released on promise to appear with an attached undertaking for court May 9th in Gore Bay.
Constable Murray Still
Community Services Officer
5926 Highway 540, Box 332
M’Chigeeng, ON P0P 1G0
Tel: 705-377-7135 ext. 201