** Not currently recruiting for Police Constable positions **
**IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO REMEMBER FOR FUTURE POSTINGS:
Complete and submit an application form, resume and cover letter.
- The successful candidate will be offered the position pending a successful background check and medical evaluation.
- The successful applicant is required to enter into an intensive 18-week standardized training program at the Ontario Police College.
- A current O.A.C.P. Certificate of Results
Note: Additional Information can be accessed on the following website on expectations of the written and physical testing for recruit constable:
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Possess a valid First Aid Certificate and CPR Certificate (or willing to obtain prior to offer)
- Has successfully completed an Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Ontario Drivers’ License in good standing
- No criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- Ability to promote and foster community peace and special order within the framework of the United Chiefs and Councils of Manitoulin Police Services Commission
- Knowledge and respectful of the Anishnaabe customs, culture, and language
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in high stress and time driven environment
- Excellent ability to work independently and within a team, and to manage time efficiently
- Computer literate: Microsoft Office software
- Demonstration of continuous learning beyond high school
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Delivers Culturally Sensitive Approach in Services
- Knowledge of the various cultural diversities of Manitoulin Island, and especially specific to the Anishnaabe communities; communicate with members of the public and all justice partners in a sensitive and respectful manner
- Demonstrate respect for Ojibwe traditions, language, customs and culture while carrying out duties
- Fluency or knowledge, and willingness to learn and use the Ojibwe Language in the workplace
Contributes to Teamwork and Positive Working Relationships
- Maintain a positive rapport and good working relationship with personnel of the police service and other justice partners; includes, but is not limited to other police agencies, courts, and other Anishnaabe and non-Anishnaabe partner services located primarily in the UCCM service area
- Demonstrates cooperativeness and enthusiasm when assisting others in the workplace to meet deadlines and other assignments
- Build Positive Community Relationships through proactive policing initiatives
- Investigate Occurrences
- Provide Quality and Professional Reporting
- Participate in Continuous Learning
TRAINING AS A POLICE CONSTABLE:
Standardized training takes place at the Ontario Police College in Aylmer. This program is designed to provide future constable with an understanding of the policing role in society, a sound knowledge of the law and procedures and skills to deal with various situations.
Subjects and activities covered in the training program include federal and provincial statutes, fire arms, defensive tactics, fire safety, cross-cultural training, police procedures and crisis intervention. An important component of the program is physical fitness training in which candidates are required to meet specified physical fitness standards.
All Applicants will be screened according to the “Qualifications and Requirements”. These areas must be met in order to be granted an interview. All applicants will be required to sign a release of information in order to secure a Background Security Clearance with applications package, and all references will be verified. This release of information will also allow access to your staff personnel records including your most recent performance evaluation.
Successful applicants will be required to have a medical/physical examination completed from his/her physician at the applicants’ expense.
APPLICANTS MUST PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- Application Form Application for Constable Position
- Cover Letter, Resume
- Proof of Valid Drivers‘ Licence
- Written Consent to Security Clearance Check
- A.C.P. Certificate of Results
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- Applicants must be 18 years of age and older
- A probationary period will apply and a complete background check will be completed
- A valid Driver’s license, First Aid and CPR certificate are required
- Applicants must have obtained an Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent; and
- A valid Certificate of Results (C.O.R.), completed through the Applicant Testing Services
PLEASE SUBMIT IN PERSON OR MAIL TO:
UCCM Anishnaabe Police Service Recruitment
5926 Highway 540
P.O. Box 332
M’CHigeeng, Ontario P0P1G0
Phone: (705) 377-7135 Fax: (705)377-5583
Administration Hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm