ARE YOU CONCERNED ABOUT SOMEONE YOU KNOW?
Are you or someone you care about going through a difficult time? Are you seeing behaviour changes that are worrisome? Has there been recent negative contact with the Police, Child Welfare, or the Justice System? Have you thought “if someone doesn’t do something soon, things are going to get worse…but where can I/we find the help?”
The UCCM Anishnaabe Police Services’ Social Navigator Initiative (SNI) is here to connect and support at-risk individuals or repeat offenders in finding and connecting with appropriate services. Our goal is to help using early intervention and outreach via the Police service and in collaboration with our partners.
We are here to help.
The Social Navigator can:
- Conduct screening, initial assessment, referral and case management services
- Be a point of contact and communication for entry/re-entry into the program
- Work with community partners
- Provide outreach services to adults and youth who are recognized within the Police Service
- Participate in the creation of care or intervention plans for individuals, families, or groups along with community partners
- Coordinate and liaise with community services
- Provide consultation services for those addressing complex needs
- Facilitate, plan and organize working groups to address community safety and crime prevention
- Provide psycho-social supports to individuals and their families
For more information or to mobilize services contact our Office at 705-377-7135 and ask for the Social Navigator.