The UCCM Anishnaabe Police Service is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking a Police Constable with a strong desire to promote and foster community peace and social order within the framework of the United Chiefs and Councils of Manitoulin Police Services Commission.
**Note: If the successful candidate has not previously attended Police College, training to the successful applicant will be provided by attending the Ontario Police College. **
- Knowledgeable and respectful of Anishnaabe customs, culture, and language;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to maintain professionalism and courteousness to members of the public and all justice partners;
- Ability to multi-task in a high stress and time driven environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, to resolve and mediate disputes that arise in the performance of duties;
- Ability to utilize analytical skills in a variety of environments to identify problems, analyse options, and determine the best possible solution;
- Ability to work independently and within a team, and manage time efficiently and effectively;
- Excellent computer skills to learn a variety of software applications for the use in daily duties; and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications.
Summary of Duties:
- Conduct proactive community patrols in all UCCMM service area communities;
- Create linkages and integration with other community partners by making referrals to appropriate service agencies for services needed outside the initial scope of law enforcement;
- Knowledgeable of community resources available for victims, witnesses, accused members, and members of the public;
- Observe for violations of the law and take appropriate enforcement, mediation, or referral action;
- Collect, secure, preserve, and dispose of evidence in accordance with procedures outlined in the Police Orders, Criminal Code of Canada, other Provincial and Federal Statutes, and other investigative manuals as applicable;
- Complete occurrence and supplementary reports in a complete, clear, logical, accurate manner using proper grammar, spelling and terminology; and
- Complete all other required reports related to investigations: traffic reports, ViCLAS reports, CPIC and other law enforcement forms as per the prescribed standards on a timely basis.
Other Important Information to Be Submitted with Your Application:
- Cover letter and resume, as well as three letters of reference must be provided;
- ATS Certificate of Results must be provided (if applicable);
- Copy of Ontario Police College Basic Training Certificate (if applicable);
- Valid First Aid and CPR Certification;
- Grade 12 Diploma and/or College or University Diploma
- Completed Application Form, Medical and Vision Form and Consent and Release of Liability Form (located on UCCM Police Service website);
- Consent and Release of Liability Form;
- McNeil Self-Disclosure Report (if applicable); and
- Any other documentation for consideration.
Apply for this position by January 31, 2019, at 4:00 PM to:
Chief of Police
U.C.C.M. Anishnaabe Police Service
5926 Hwy 540, Box 332
M’Chigeeng, ON P0P 1G0
For questions about this employment opportunity and/or a detailed job description, please contact Andrea McGregor, Human Resource and Finance Coordinator at 705.377.7135, or visit our website at www.uccmpolice.com
Given the traditional practices of the Anishnaabe, from time to time wood smoke and the burning of sacred medicines including tobacco, sweet grass, sage, or cedar may occur in the workplace.
Applicable Forms are as follows:
Self-Disclosure Report – McNeil Report
Vision Medical Forms final
Consent and Release of Liability